I can't say that I have taken a hiatus because I was just being non-productive. What I can say is that since March, April-ish, I have found happiness, love, and while I still struggle with my weight, I feel like I have a sense of self- love that I didn't have back in March for a variety of reasons. When I left, I thought I wouldn't miss blogging, in a sense I didn't. I didn't feel accountable to anything or anyone but yet, this place is what keeps me sane, keeps me focused, grounded, and pushing towards my goals an aspirations. When I can talk about them, blurt them out, put them in black and white for everyone to see, there lies my happiness.
SOOOOO many things have happened since March. Let me see if I can re cap some of them.
1.I met someone. When I say that I met him, I mean that I truly met HIM because somewhere, he was this bottled up man who was never showing me how lovely he was. Why? Because he was scared. Then when I opened up and showed him the possibility that I need him too, here we are. Engaged (yep, you read that right). (There will be a blog post to follow). Some call it crazy, we call it just right.
2. I went to XMR again this year and there was something different with me. I missed the weights. I missed moving heavy things and putting them back down. I didn't feel like I belonged there. So I has a clear visionary talk with the best man friend I could have asked for on the way home and it was still a delightful trip.
3. My little girl has not grown into being so little now. She turned 8 in March and since then has grown so much. Grown so much, in fact she and I can wear the same size of shoes. I am doomed. She has started 3rd grade and she is as lovely as can be. She still loves the school. Some of the kids have since left but she still pushes through with blossoming the friendships she created last school year.
4. I got another position in the same career field with a different company. A much larger company and a company that I am glad to call home. It is so nice being cherished and motivated by people who believe in the same things you do.
5. I got a new car. I no longer drive a jalopy. I no longer have to fear every time I get in the car if it is going to break down, get a flat, etc. Warranty, full coverage, life is good.
6. I have gained a ton of muscle and I am still working hard at it.
7. I attended one of the most fun themed weddings ever. It was Andrew's brother's wedding and it was pirate themed. I will be honest and say that I was a little skeptical at first but it turned out to be so much fun and lovely costumes for everyone who dressed up.
8. I got engaged in Mackinac City and took Daniella and Andrew to explore on the island the next day. Such an amazing memory filled weekend. Words can not describe how I feel.
9. We think that we have my grandpa's heart issues under control and we are working on getting more in depth eye care for my grandma (always an on going issue).
10. My brother and his wife are expecting in December!!!! I am so excited for them to welcome a new little baby boy into this world and I get a cute little nephew again!!!!
As my week rounds out, I will update more on the engagement and what the wedding plans are shaping up to be. It feels good to be back home.
|| Meet Kallai ||
The latest on instagram...