As I sit here, I cannot believe that summer is starting to close in and the fall decorations are starting to creep the store aisles. For most of the month, I was preparing myself up for what was to come in the beginning of August that it flew by faster than I had wanted or anticipated. I was ahead of schedule for most of the things accomplished in July. It really was the month that I start to really think on an entrepreneurial level in terms of my blog and where I see it going. I have established some pretty firm routines and things that will help my move forward.
WHAT I DIDN’T DO!
1. Waste time on Facebook. I made a conscious effort to maintain my sanity and put my time into things that will benefit me and this blog moving forward. I have to say that it made a habit of scrolling through maybe twice a day and leaving the rest to being productive. It was a very wise decision on my part and I have continued this habit.
2. House Projects! I really wanted to get two things that have been on my list all summer done and I either made excuses on why they couldn’t be done OR, when I thought about doing them, it wasn’t the right opportunity.
3. Dive in to negativity. I have released myself from a few people this past month and really have started to focus on my life rather than what others want me to be. This is so important when assessing who and what should be included in your own life. After all, when you are left alone on this earth, you should have no regrets and if you have to silence yourself for someone else to feel superior, leave that alone.
WHAT I DID DO!
1. Skimped on skin care. This who month, I have been trying to really take care of my skin but I have failed. I have failed because I either go to bed tired without stopping at the sink long enough to clean up my skin or I rush in the morning because I push my alarm to the last second of making me rise (mostly a combination of the two).
2. Found myself on a deeper level. As stated previously, I have been really working on self love and care moving into my thirties. I realized that life is too short to carry doubt, guilt, and other people’s burdens. It has been amazing seeing where I want to take myself both professionally and personally that I have made effort in all areas.
3. Made a plan! July I made a plan of action for myself which I think everyone should do openly on paper and also convey it with those people who are going to be your strength to help you carry out the plan! I re-wrote my goals and put action into place so I meet them in July and that felt aaaa---mazzing.
WHAT I LEARNED!
1. Stay focused! Even in times of trouble, remember to keep your eye on where you are going and make yourself the first priority. YOU were given life for YOU, not to live for others. Always remember that!
2. Stand up, speak up! When you feel like you are not being treated fairly or when you have something to say, say it! Speak your mind and love what you say and do! Be genuine, sincere and honest, even if it hurts!
3. Routines are important, even in summer. Having Daniella has really taught me that routines are a big part of success and they are important, even in summer. They are important because having a common goal or deadline each day, week, or month helps the summer move smoothly. Consistency in the routine is also important because children thrive on consistency!
I am eagerly waiting for August’s installment of Monthly Productivity Check-in as already just in the first week so many new and exciting things have occurred! Stay tuned friends and I would love to know how your July went and what you did or did not learn!